Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Parasitic Olympics (Afghan Weight Loss Plan)

I wouldn’t say I really needed to lose a few pounds but apparently some of the local parasites felt differently. I must have also been a very hospitable host because they stayed longer than usual. It was a party. I will spare everyone the details but I will say that the worst part was the medical advice I received. Since I tried to tough it out for a few days by the time I stumbled over to the clinic the professionals felt that I was probably already on my out of the woods so all they did for me was put me in quarantine and told me to sip water. After 24 hours of that hell I put on my best game face and lied my way out of quarantine. I figured it was better to be miserable around my buddies than to be miserable by myself. Plus I wouldn’t have minded if some of them got sick so I could have someone to commiserate with. (I just hope they do not read this blog) So two days after the “48 Hour” bug was supposed to pass I finally felt better.
For those of you who know “Doc” you might be wondering where he was when his “Buddy” was in dire need of his medical prowess. Oh, he was off saving lives somewhere or something trivial like that.
I would gladly host another Parasitic Olympics if it means I avoid the IED Weight Loss Plan.